FAQ #26
Back to Categories    Print this FAQ   
Is the microwave safe?

The Discover microwave cavity used with the Discover Bio is a very safe system. It undergoes strict safety guidelines and is ensured for the following:

a. Microwave leakage – All Discover microwave systems are tested to leak less than 1mW/ cm2. A domestic microwave can leak about 5mW/cm2 of power. The Discover contains 2-independent physical interlock systems as well as 1-independent digital interlock to completely shut off the microwave power if the cavity is opened.

b. Explosion Proof - It is designed to be explosion proof for pressurized reactions up to 300°C and 300PSI that are used with organic synthesis. In peptide synthesis, reactions are not pressurized and maximum temperatures are around 75-80°C.
Views 999 (Unique 610)